Tuesday, September 13, 2005

You Gotta Love Bushisms

"I believe men and fish can coexist together peacefully."

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here."

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

"We both use Colgate toothpaste." (After a reporter asked what he had in common with British Prime Minister Tony Blair)

"I'm the commander, see I don't need to explain, I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being President."

"I hear there are rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft."

"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating."

"It is white." (After being asked by a child what the White House was like)

"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things."

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe-I believe what I believe is right."

"I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with an answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one." (After being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made)

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."

"But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." (Summing up his first year in office, 3 months after the 9/11 attacks)

"I try to go for longer runs, but it's tough around here at the White House on the outdoor track. It's sad that I can't run longer. It's one of the saddest things about the Presidency."

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!"

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."

"There's an old saying in Tennessee --I know its in Texas, probably in Tennessee--that says, fool me once, shame on--shame on you. Fool me--you can't get fooled again."

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

There you have it folks. This is the man running our country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home