Saturday, September 03, 2005

Greenfield, IA

Well I'm back in Greenfield for 3 whole days. Although I like that there are trees and fresh grass and flowers all around, it makes me wonder just what people are thinking when they decide to make this town their permanent residence. Now don't get me wrong, I think it's a great place to raise your children since it is safe and non-violent. I'm talking more about the young people who stay in this town and never leave. Most of them didn't even try to live somewhere else. Are they truly happy with just living here and never trying anything new? I really can't believe that. Are they just scared? I find it hard to believe people would want to live their lives never seeing anything but Greenfield, Iowa. What a waste. They stay here, work in the local factory, buy an expensive car, get married, buy a house, have children, and spend the rest of their days working their asses off to pay for all of these things. In the meantime, they waste their life away. I just can't believe people would actually do this. And I'm not even against people buying houses and raising their families, but just get out and live a little first. You have a good chunk of your life to settle down so why not be adventurous first? I really just don't understand. But to each their own, I guess. I'll just be happy to be back in New York on Tuesday. I'll be happy to go see some live music on Friday. To go to a movie and to dinner with my roommate. To go out on Saturday night to a place I've never been and meet some people I've never met. I'm only 25. I think it was Bon Jovi who once said, "It's my life. It's now or never. Nothing's going to last forever." And to that I bid you goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home