Sunday, September 04, 2005

Time To Go Home

As much as I like seeing my family, I think it's time for me to go home. I miss my home. I miss my bed. I miss my roommates. It's nice to have some place to call home and it's unusual that that place isn't in my hometown. I'm all growns up. I have a place to call home. Even though it's in the heart of Harlem and it smells like something died on our block, I can't wait to get back. I'm out of my comfort zone and out of my routine. I know it's nice to get out of that once in a while, but it's always nice to go back. I've had my fill of hamburgers, hot dogs, and potato salad. It's back to ramen, jelly toast, and cereal. I've also had my fill of aunts, uncles, cousins, and all relatives. I'd like to get back to Dominicans, actors, musicians, directors, and homeless people. I'll make another trip back home in December. I think by then I'll be ready to face it all again. And it was nice while it lasted. Oh wait, I still have one more whole day here. Arrrgggghhhhh.

1 Comments:

Blogger jeremy h. said...

Doesn't Dyer say you're supposed to step out of your "comfort zone" every once in a while? But it is always good to get home.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home